Wednesday 29 January 2014

Elder Martin

I thought I would blog about my missionary. Elder Martin went into the MTC on August 7th 2013. He was called to serve in the Querataro Mexico mission. His visa for Mexico was late coming so when he left the MTC in September he went to the Boise Idaho mission. He received his Mexican visa the middle of October. I found out about that time that he had been having migraine headaches, he's had them before. His are stress related. So I wasn't surprised with what was happening at home and with the stress of learning another language.  They were bad enough that they postponed him leaving Boise so he could see a doctor and a counsellor. Finally after 2 months of not knowing what was going to happen the doctor, the  mission President and the missionary department in Salt Lake City decided that it would be better if Ryan didn't go to Mexico, but he couldn't stay in the States either. They extended a call to him to the Canada Vancouver Mission. He arrived there last Wednesday. He was picked up by the APs, one of which was Elder Brad Baker also from Raymond. He is serving in Burnaby and loves it. He said that he can't believe how many different ethnic backgrounds lived there. He said that he might use his spanish and maybe learn another language like chinese. I'm so glad that he serving his heavenly father. We have been blessed by him serving. I do miss him! Sometimes I find myself shedding tears, but I know that what he is doing is more important than anything he could be doing here.

4 comments:

  1. Fun! My family used to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad he got to serve in Boar for awhile, it's a great place but I'm sure he is doing good in Canada too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He will probably love his mission in Vancouver and area and I'm sure he'll be a great Missionary! Meridel Graves on Chuck's computer.

    ReplyDelete